Tuesday 26 March 2013

From chocolates to fabrics,it's all about brown!

  Take this as my informal form of introduction. Brown khimar has been created to give me a  
place to rant. Just kidding(though that may happen when necessary),this page is to help me 
share insights from my living as a Muslim woman in Nigeria. Born and bred in South-West Nigeria,I must say this land is filled with stories which will delight me to share from time to time. I will be writing a lot about my faith and the beauty it adds to my life and the lives of many others I know. I don't speak arabic(still trying to learn),but Arabic words will occur in some of my posts and I'll try to provide their meanings. This brings me to the blog title,Brown Khimar!


  Khimar is an Arabic word which describes a cloth that covers the head,neck and bosom 
and is worn by Muslim women as part of our hijab(covering for the whole body). I wear khimars and I have a fondness for a particular brown one from my wardrobe partly because one special girl helped me get the fabric(you know who you are*winks*). I love the colour brown since brown tops always complement my blue jeans not forgetting that brown fabrics with gold jewelry never go wrong(and don't I just love gold?). How can I not add that brown was always the dominant colour in the home while I was growing up? Brown chairs,brown and cream rugs,cream walls,brown clocks and the list goes on. I developed a love for the richness of the colour as well as the love of chocolates more for their taste,though.

  So,there you have it. This brown khimar wearing brown girl welcomes you to her world of girlish dreams lived with Islam as her guide.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mrs Zizimo,I'm still waiting for my shareholder ticket to the KBC o!

      Delete
  2. maryam Adebukola27 March 2013 at 10:16

    We shar a lot in common o, name na 1 side... Brown make sense die. May Allaah ease khimar 4 me n odas.... May Allaah make whateva we learn from dis blog beneficial in dis life n hereafta! Kudos Hajia Maryamo!

    ReplyDelete